SRS Airbag Control Module Locations
- Under the Radio on the Floor
- Under the Center Console
- Under Front Driver Seat, on the floor, under the carpet
- Under Front Passenger Seat, on the floor, under the carpet
Failure to follow instructions below may result in the accidental deployment of “airbag”, “seat belt”, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.
- Never probe the electrical connectors on airbag or seat belt.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the airbag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Steps To Removing Your Airbag Control Module
- First, find the SRS computer module. In most cars, it is under the center console that is between the two front seats, or center of the dash on the floor. In most GM cars it is under the driver or passenger seat.
- Disconnect the positive battery cable and wait 3 min.
- You are now safe to unplug the airbag control module harness wiring plugs.
To install your airbag control module:
- All airbag srs components must be installed and connected properly before installing the airbag control module. This includes air bags, seat belts, clock spring and impact sensors.
- Disconnect the battery and bolt down the module and then connect the harness wiring plugs.
- Wait 3 minutes before installing the airbag module in the vehicle.
- Bolt down module with all bolts and then connect harness plugs. (if not then, could deploy roof airbags and seat belts)
- The vehicle needs to be flat on the ground. Not elevated on a jack or lift. (if not then, could deploy roof airbags and seat belts)
- Reconnect battery cables.
*Disclaimer: The buyer assumes all risks associated with removing, installing, and usage of a re-manufactured part(s).
Questions? Call us at 888-779-9029 or submit a request.
MyAirbags How To: Removing Seat Belts