- Knee Airbags
- Driver and Front Passenger Airbags
- Roof Rail Airbags
- Front-Row Side Impact Airbags
- Secon-Row Side Airbags
Frontal airbags are mounted in the steering wheel for the driver and in the front instrument panel for the front passenger
Knee airbags are located in the lower are of the instrument panel in front of both driver and passenger seats
Door mounted airbags are located in the front doors on both sides of the vehicle
Seat mounted airbags are located in the outboard side of the seats for the driver, font passenger and rear passenger in some vehicles. There may also be a Front Center Airbag mounted on the inboard side of the driver seat on some vehicles
Roof rail airbags are located behind the trim covering the roof rails on each side of the vehicle
Pretensioners are part of the safety belt system for the driver and front passenger of many vehicles. Some vehicles may have more then one pretensioner at a given seat position.
- Retractor pretensioner may be in the B-pillar or in the seat.
- Buckle pretensioner are attached to the inboard side of the front seat.
- Anchor pretensioners are usually attached to the outboard side of the front seat, or they may be attached to the floor, nex to the outboard side of the front seat.
In crashes of sufficient severity, these systems initiate the tightening of the seat belt in split second.